ATIC Records Ltd. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This pricacy policy explains how we use the information we collect about you and the procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy.
The information we collect and how we use it
When you register for our service we need to know your name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
We gather this information to allow us to:
• process your registration,
• process any orders you may make;
• recognise you, your preferences and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site.
• to carry out security checks (this may involve passing your details to HSBC, or another credit reference agency, who will check details we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of that check to use in future security checks – this helps to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions)
1. How we protect your information
The internet is not a secure medium. However we have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy.
The webserver that hosts this site is not used to store personal information of any kind.
Any personal information that you do provide is stored on a separate and secure database server within ATIC Records firewall. There is no direct link between this database server and the internet and access is strictly limited to internal ATIC Records staff and authorised site administrators only.
Whilst we do not directly track or record your usage of this website, in the event that we become aware that site security has been compromised as a result of external activity (including but not limited to external security attacks) we shall take reasonable measures which we deem appropriate. This includes but is not limited to internal investigation and reporting, and notification to and cooperation with law enforcement authorities.
We also keep your information confidential. The internal procedures of ATIC Records cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
2. Sale of business
If this business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
3. Updating your details
You can update your personal information by logging in to your account. You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com or by writing to us at our PO Box. However, please note that we may need to keep some personal data in order to process orders or to comply with customer service or after sale obligations. To do this, simply write to us at via email or to the PO Box provided , enclosing a cheque for £10 payable to ATIC Records Limited to cover our administration costs.
4. Your consent
5.Third Party Websites
Data Protection Policy
• We are committed to protecting the rights of individuals to privacy with regard to the processing of personal data.
• It is necessary for us to process personal data in the normal and proper conduct of our business operations.
• Such processing will be conducted fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
• If you have a query regarding the accuracy of your personal data then your query will be dealt with fairly and impartially.
General Use of Personal Data
By providing ATIC Records Ltd. with your personal data you are consenting to the use of this information for the purpose of responding to your enquiry or processing your order.
• We hold data on: prospective, current and former customers; and other individuals interested in ATIC Records.
• This personal data is held in a variety of formats, electronic and manual.
• The processing of personal data is subject to the rules laid down under the Data Protection Act 1998. Your personal data will be used only for proper purposes that are considered by us to be for your benefit.
• The protection of your personal data will be governed by the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. Access to your data will be restricted to those personnel to whom it is necessary for proper purposes.
• We will not sell your personal data to third parties. Your personal data will only be transferred to third parties where this is for proper purposes related your transaction, for example where it is necessary for the delivery of services by third parties to you.
The Principles of Data Protection
There are eight Data Protection principles set out under the Act. In summary they are that personal data should be:
1. obtained and processed fairly and lawfully
2. held and used only for specified purposes
3. adequate, relevant and not excessive
4. accurate and kept up to date
5. kept only for as long as is necessary
6. processed according to the Act
7. held securely
8. held within the European Economic Area
• ATIC Records seeks to use your personal data only for the purposes of legitimate interests and, where practicable, with your consent.
• You have the right to know what personal data ATIC Records holds about you and for this to be correct. Procedures for the management of personal data are in place and enquiries may be made as set out below.
• ATIC Records may use your personal data to contact you via email through our monthly newsletter regarding new products and services offered by ATIC Records and which we think may be of interest to you. By providing your personal data to ATIC Records you are consenting to the use of your information in this way. Should you not wish to receive further information concerning products and services offered by ATIC Records please click on the unsusubscirbe link at the bottom of the newsletter.
Accessing your Personal Data
• You have the right to see the personal data that we hold about you and for that data to be corrected if it is incorrect.
• Minor requests about your personal data may be dealt with informally in the course of normal administration, at the sole discretion of ATIC Records.
• If you wish to make a formal request for access to your personal data then this should be made in writing to ATIC Records at the address stated within the Website or literature. There is a fee of £10 which must be paid in advance.
If we decide to change our data protection policy we will post those changes on this page so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we may disclose it.